Since the Reds and Bayern Munich agreed on a price for the sale of winger Luis Diaz, it’s safe to say that off-field issues have received more attention. Alexander Isak, a striker for Newcastle United, is still being linked to Liverpool in a blockbuster move, but the Magpies are adamant that he is not for sale.
Following his success in the Premier League the previous season, Arne Slot has received a lot of support, with notable additions including Hugo Ekitike, Florian Wirtz, Jeremie Frimpong, and Milos Kerkez. However, there is still more work to be done before Liverpool’s 2025–26 league campaign begins on August 15 against Bournemouth.
As previously stated, Liverpool’s continued pursuit of Newcastle striker Isak has dominated much of the conversation this week. When it was revealed that the Sweden international had remained on Tyneside while the rest of the team left on Thursday for their preseason tour of the Far East, the story took a new turn.
According to numerous reports, the player is eager to leave St. James’ Park this summer, even though Newcastle maintains that his absence is due to an injury.
The Reds’ management is still determined to sign the 25-year-old, but they won’t make a rash bid, according to talkSPORT journalists Alex Crook and Ben Jacobs. Diaz’s departure and Darwin Nunez’s anticipated departure would free up money for a possible record-breaking offer, but it is said that a formal bid won’t be made until Liverpool receives some encouragement from Newcastle.
This summer, Real Madrid’s out-of-favor winger Rodrygo has also been linked to Liverpool. Earlier in his career, the Brazilian was on the verge of joining the Reds, but he decided to move to Spain instead.
According to recent reports from Madrid, Rodrygo is not included in Xabi Alonso’s plans for the upcoming campaign. His meager contribution to the Club World Cup this summer has only fueled exit rumors.
Several clubs are reportedly keeping an eye on the situation, including Liverpool, though it’s unclear if they have a real interest. But the most recent information from Spain might spur action.
Diario AS claims that in order to speed up a sale, Real Madrid is prepared to reduce their original asking price of £80 million for the 24-year-old. It’s unclear if the lowered price will lead to official offers, but Liverpool, Paris Saint-Germain, Arsenal, and Tottenham are all said to be interested.
Leave a Reply