Naomi, WWE star, is expecting a child while giving up her world title.

Naomi, WWE star, is expecting a child while giving up her world title.

Wrestler Jimmy Uso and his wife wrestler Naomi arrive at the first-ever WWE Emmy For Your Consideration event at the TV Academy Saban Media Center, in North Hollywood (near Los Angeles), on June 6, 2018 (Photo by VALERIE MACON / AFP) (Photo credit should read VALERIE MACON/AFP via Getty Images)

Naomi was forced to give up the Women’s World Championship and announced she was seven weeks pregnant in front of the fans one week after being pulled from Monday Night Raw.

The 37-year-old superstar stayed true to herself by telling general manager Adam Pearce that she would not give up the gold and then promising to return for the division’s “heffers” in nine months.

Boss Triple H posted a video of himself backstage with the couple, writing the following as the caption: I’m so happy for Jimmy and @TheTrinity_Fatu.

Naomi called attention to an announcement video featuring her husband Jimmy on Stephanie McMahon’s What’s Your Story podcast while she was in the ring.

The WWE veteran described how she learned she was pregnant on August 10 in the full podcast.
“On the road on Sunday [August 10], I learned,” she remarked. I had been feeling a little strange and different in my hotel room. To be sure and rule that out, I wanted to take a test.

I’m not thinking because I’ve had fertility problems for a long time. I honestly didn’t believe it was feasible.

Naomi clarified that the wrestling veteran had an oophorectomy to remove her right ovary prior to her 2012 WWE debut, while five years ago she had a myomectomy to remove ‘tons’ of ‘big’ fibroids.

PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA - AUGUST 18: The Women's World Champion Naomi enters the ring during Monday Night RAW at Xfinity Mobile Arena on August 18, 2025 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Rich Wade/WWE via Getty Images)

PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA - AUGUST 18: Naomi thanks the WWE Universe after her pregnancy announcement during Monday Night RAW at Xfinity Mobile Arena on August 18, 2025 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Bradlee Rutledge/WWE via Getty Images)

She missed seven months of work following the six-hour procedure, and she didn’t think she would be able to conceive after her health issues.

She remarked, “On top of being 37 and only having one ovary, we thought that, naturally, I couldn’t any more,” while her husband Jimmy made fun of them for not adopting her catchphrase, “proceed with caution.”

“We had been told that [we] would need help, but there is no way to know for sure,” Naomi continued. I called him after learning on Sunday, but I had to leave for work. I’m anxious about having to inform my employer of my current position as champion. Of all times.

Jimmy disclosed that his wife felt “like there is a step back because she is cooking” and “like she let all her fans down.”

“Time is of the essence.” He acknowledged, “I want to let her fans know; she loves them and she thought about them right away.” “[She] immediately considered WWE because it’s a step away now.”

Naomi quickly clarified that although she is “happy” with the good news, she will be undergoing more frequent check-ups because she is “high risk.”

There’s a lot to take in, but I’m content. I am at high risk, so I want to get through this safely,” she said. Everything appears to be in order, but I will need to have check-ups more frequently.

NEW YORK, NEW YORK - AUGUST 4: The Women's Intercontinental Champion, Becky Lynch addresses the WWE Universe during Monday Night RAW at Barclays Center of Brooklyn on August 4, 2025 in New York, New York. (Photo by Georgiana Dallas/WWE via Getty Images)

In light of the news, current WWE Women’s Intercontinental Champion Becky Lynch mockingly called Naomi “irresponsible.”
In a clear reference to her own pregnancy in 2020, when she was forced to forfeit the Raw Women’s Title, she wrote, “How irresponsible getting pregnant as a champion.”